9/17/2012

Week 38

Weather: Temps in the low 60's, winds calm 5-10 mph, no precipitation

 Gear: ENO Hammock, snugpack sleeping bag.

 Comments: So sorry guys! Another late post- I've just been so busy now that I've started high school, so its harder to get my posts up.

Anyway, Saturday night was a beauty... its been a while since we've had a good storm :(. I can defiantly feel fall in the air now, its crisp and clean and puts me to sleep real fast. I went tarpless last night, starring at the stars and just watching how beautiful the sky looks. The down side to that is that I woke up to a bed of leaves. There was a good armful of them that had collected in the hammock by morning.

I also set up the hammock at WAY to sharp of an angle. I didn't notice it at first, but by morning my side was all cramped up and pretty painful.

Sometime early in October I should be getting back out in the woods again and out of my backyard (finally... Its been quite a while since my last camping trip.) So you can look forward to a pretty extensive post on that coming up in the next few weeks.

Again, thanks to those of you sticking with me here with my busy schedule and still taking time to read my blog. I'll do my best to get something up early Sunday morning from now on, but no guarantees.

1 comment:

  1. I use the WBBB with an integrated bug net. The net also helps keep out the bits and pieces that fall from the forest canopy. I slept one night with the net rolled back and had the same experience as you. I had to clean out the hammock before I could pack it up.

    ReplyDelete