3/18/2012

Week 12

Weather: temps 60-65 degrees, winds around 10 mph, no percipitation.

Gear: Eno Hammock, ENO Dryfly, DIY Suspension, Snugpak travelpak extreme sleeping bag, Ridgeline/ various attachments.

Comments:  I am now back on my normal saturday night schedule, and it was very nice last night. it was almost a miror image of Friday night, so I don't have much to talk about.

The problem with the warm temperatures is bugs. They came out early yesterday morning, tiny little baby mosquitos. I recently bought a coleman bugnet to use while I'm at summer camp this summer ( I'll be spending three weeks up at Tomahawk Scout reservation as a camp counselor in training, and an additional week with my troop). The net its a little to short too work with my hammock right now... I see a DIY project coming soon :). For the time being, I used the bugnet that is integrated into my Snugpak sleeping bag. It zips fully around my head, and pulls away when you don't need it (which I never did till last night). As long as i tucked my self down a little and pulled it far off my face, it actually did a very good job of keeping the bugs off.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are feeling better!
    Down here in IL we are having summer weather!!
    I got sunburned this weekend on my day hike.

    So, now you are really getting the "hang" of things!! When you get ready to do the bug net, you will find a lot of DIY info on them. One thing I found was that darker netting is actually easier to see through than lighter color netting.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete